Dear Grow Members and Staff,
As the situation in Australia develops, we as an organisation are taking some general precautionary measures for the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak to try and safeguard Grow as cases potentially move into our community.
Grow members and staff have a responsibility to minimise risk of infection within our local communities. This will include potentially reducing human contact within the groups to comply with Government warnings and ensure everyone is safe. Some of our members and staff may be particularly vulnerable to illness due to age, chronic illness and current treatment regimes.
In the spirit of taking care of each other, we are asking everyone to follow the guidelines issued by the World Health Organization:
- Wash your hands frequently and correctly (guide available in links below)
- Maintain social distance (1 meter) with anyone who is coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth
- Practice respiratory hygiene
This means covering your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze. Then dispose of the used tissue immediately.
Most importantly, stay home if you feel unwell. If you have a fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical attention and call in advance. Follow the directions of your local health authority.
Similarly, if you have other volunteer duties to fulfil but are feeling ill, play it safe and take the day off.
If you are unable to attend a group due to illness or potential risk, inform your Organiser, Recorder or another member so a 12 Step call can be organised. While it is important we take precautions, it is equally important we maintain our support networks and community.
Please contact your Branch if you would like to explore the opportunity of potentially attending an online group (eGrow) instead.
Our thoughts are with everyone currently affected and if you have any questions or concerns please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
- Frequently asked questions: novel coronavirus (COVID-19)
- For global up-to-date information on novel coronavirus (COVID-19) please visit the WHO.
- Up-to-date Australian information and resources (including fact sheets) on novel coronavirus (COVID-19) can be found on the Australian Government Department of Health
- If you have travelled to China in the last 14 days and are unwell you can call 13HEALTH (13 43 25 84) for health advice.
Australian Government novel coronavirus resources for the general public, health professionals and industry