Work with GROW and be a part of our community!
In GROW’s 2018 staff survey, conducted by Enhancing Community Business, 100% of survey respondents said that they either loved or liked working for GROW and 96% said they were proud to work for GROW.
So if you are considering a job in the not-for-profit sector, consider working with GROW – and be a part of our community.
Young Adult Program Worker
GROW VIC/TAS is recruiting for an exciting dual role for an enthusiastic Program Worker keen to develop new groups for young adults and nurturing existing GROW Groups while establishing our new Get Growing program in the Victorian school community. This position is a full time, 12 month contract.
GROW is a national community-driven organisation specialising in mental health support developed from the lived experience of recovery. Our programs are designed for people to take back control of their lives, overcome obstacles and start living a life full of meaning, hope and optimism. GROW offers the opportunity for people to share challenges and solutions for recovery in a supportive and structured way within the context of a caring, sharing community.
Young Adult Program Worker
- Ensure the GROW program expands, is well supported and delivers vibrant and healthy communities.
- Develop and deliver GROW’s Programs including training, data collection, events and managing infrastructure.
- Support the development of an integrated ‘One GROW’ community by collaborating with other teams across the regions and boarders.
- Develop the communities (geographic and online) and leadership teams.
- Develop the leadership of Organiser and Recorders through support and mentoring in personal leadership development and the Grow Program.
- Support the developing of a caring and sharing community within GROW and with the GROW participants.
- Facilitation of Grow’s Get Growing Program in schools and related agencies.
- Networking, liaising with school counsellors, mental health professionals and agencies to create opportunities for Get Growing program delivery.
- Ongoing development of the Get Growing program and topics relevant to young people.
- Supporting young people in the understanding of the Grow program
- Negotiate funding arrangements with schools including applying for grants and assisting in fundraising activities.
- Contribute to the delivery of outcomes according to Branch Plan as part of broader organisational strategic plan.
A relevant qualification in mental health, Community and Human Services or the Social Sciences field is recommended for an applicant. Relevant qualifications and experience may include tertiary qualifications in Mental Health and or Certificate in Administration.
A cover letter accompanying the resume should be included in your application. The position description is available here. Successful applicants will need to address the Selection Criteria and Additional Mandatory Requirements in the position description.
You can contact Sue Brown, Manager GROW VIC Region if you have any questions regarding the position on 0490 534 997 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close at 5pm on Friday 17 April 2021. Successful applicants will be notified.
Email applications to email@example.com
Snr Administrator – Eastern Region (QLD/NSW/ACT)
- National organisation
- Part-time – 3 days per week
- Immediate start
We are seeking candidates for a part-time position to work out of our Ballina (NSW) office.
GROW is a not-for-profit non-government organisation which was started in Sydney in 1957 by people who believed that, together, they could support each other to overcome the difficulties they experienced in their everyday life that was caused by mental illness and go on to live a life full of hope and aspiration. The Grow Program builds on this mutual help peer led approach.
About the role
The Senior Administrator role provides administrative support to the Branch and various GROW teams. The role will involve contributing to maintaining good relationships with funders and other stakeholders. The role will also be responsible for meeting reporting deadlines in line with our reporting schedules and obligations.
Primary functions include:
- Assist management of funding contracts and reports to funders.
- Identify, monitor, and propose solutions to management any identified administrative needs.
- Assist with efficient administrative function of the Branch.
- Contribute constructively and respectfully to local teams.
- Contribute to growth and development of GROW.
- Support the establishment, ongoing development and authenticity of the Grow Program
The successful applicant will need to identify with GROW’s philosophy, be self-motivated, flexible, energetic, team-spirited, and open to ongoing training.
Relevant qualifications and experience may include tertiary qualifications in Mental Health and or Certificate in Administration.
How to apply
A cover letter accompanying the resume should be included in your application. The position description is available here. You can contact Dave McLoughlin, Manager Grow Eastern Region if you have any questions regarding the position on 0413 035 110 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close at 5pm on Friday 9 April 2021. Successful applicants will be notified.
Email applications to: EastRegion.Admin@grow.org.au