Work with GROW and be a part of our community!
GROW Program Worker – South Tasmania
- Aged & Disability Support (Community Services & Development)
- Permanent Part Time
- 15.2hrs per week (2 days)
About the Role:
GROW Australia is seeking a motivated Program Worker to support service delivery in South Tasmania through online and face-to-face support groups.
The role is focused on supporting existing groups and expanding the Grow presence in South Tasmania and online, as well as generating referrals from outreach activity. The role will also work with groups of volunteers and assist them in working through group issues so that the program can continue to flourish and grow throughout the region.
You will be a caring and empathetic individual who understands the impact that poor mental health can have on a person’s life. Ideally, you will:
- Understand the unique mental health challenges affecting those in South Tasmania
- Have sound technological skills and feel comfortable supporting people in a digital format
- Feel comfortable working with those who have a lived experience of mental illness from a place of hope and strength
- Recognise every person’s value and the contribution they can make to the recovery of themselves and others
- Understand Recovery Frameworks
- Understand peer support groups
- Be able to contribute to building a community among established and new members through support groups, social activities, leadership development meetings, and community weekends.
HOW TO APPLY
The position description is available here
Enquiries about this role can be made to Nikki Files, State Manager: Victoria/Tasmania, on 0412 454 104.
A cover letter accompanying your resume should be included in your application and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close on Sunday 26 November 2023
Successful applicants will be notified.