Work with GROW and be a part of our community!
Joining GROW gives you the opportunity to develop your career while using your energy and skills to make a difference in the lives of people living in our community.
We have a strong focus on providing flexible working arrangements and internal career development opportunities.
- Competitive remuneration and benefits program
- Salary packaging options, with up to $15,900 per annum tax free
- Generous salary packaging on meals and entertainment
- Training to support career development
- Vacancies are advertised internally
- A supportive, positive and energetic team environment
- Work / life balance options, including flexible working arrangements
NSW - Residential Program Worker
NSW – Residential Program Worker
- National organisation
- Located at West Hoxton
- Flexible working environment
- Casual Position
We are seeking candidates for a casual position for our 18-bed Mental Health Residential Program in West Hoxton – NSW. The program offers long term residential support to people recovering from mental illness / AOD issues.
Grow is a not-for-profit non-government organisation which was started in Sydney in 1957 by people who believed that, together, they could support each other to overcome the difficulties they experienced in their everyday life that was caused by mental illness and go on to live a life full of hope and aspiration. The Grow Residential Program builds on this mutual help approach. It is a therapeutic community that supports recovery from a mental health condition, with or without co-existing substance abuse.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The positions involve working with individuals who have mental health conditions, with or without a co-existing substance abuse issues. The role is to support and inspire persons in recovery by using Grows 12-step program. You will be responsible for the delivery of the day-to-day structure including group facilitation, resident management, and service delivery.
We are seeking a person for a casual position working both day and non active night shifts. This role is paid at SCHADDS Level 2.1 and offer excellent penalty rates given the time shifts.
The successful candidate will have experience in the community services and at minimum hold a Cert IV in mental health and/or community services and/or drugs and alcohol. You may also be a second-year university student studying social or health services and interested in gaining firsthand experience in residential rehabilitation.
- Previous experience working in a rehabilitation centre or other
- The ability to work effectively with people and to promote positive attributes and work towards plan change
- Flexibility resilience and the ability to maintain best practise under challenging circumstances
- The ability to work effectively to achieve programme goals and objectives
- Current first aid certificate
- Having lived experience in recovery from AOD and/or mental health
- Ability to work nights and weekends
You will be required to have or attain a current First Aid certificate. You will need to be able to work with minimum direction, be self-motivated, flexible, team-spirited, open to ongoing training and able to identify strongly with Grow values. A current Driver’s License and own transport are essential.
HOW TO APPLY
A covering letter accompanying the resume should be included in your application.
You can contact Aaron Beatus, Manager, on 0499 907 983 if you have any questions regarding this position.
Applications close on the 20.06.22
Successful applicants will be notified.
Email applications to email@example.com