Work with GROW and be a part of our community!
ACT – Residential Program Worker
- National organisation
- Located in Brisbane
- Flexible working environment
- Casual Position
GROW is a not-for-profit non-government organisation which was started in Sydney in 1957 by people who believed that, together, they could support each other to overcome the difficulties they experienced in their everyday life that was caused by mental illness and go on to live a life full of hope and aspiration.
The positions involve working with individuals who have mental health conditions, with or without co-existing substance abuse issues. The role is to support and inspire persons in recovery by using Grows 12-step program. You will be responsible for the delivery of the day-to-day structure including group facilitation, resident management, and service delivery.
We are seeking people for casual positions working. This role is paid at SCHADDS Level 2 and offers excellent penalty rates given the time shifts.
Competencies and Mandatory requirements:
- Cert IV in mental health/alcohol and/or other drugs
- Knowledge and understanding of Grow 12 Step Program or ability to acquire that knowledge
- Experience in or demonstrated ability to participate and contribute to a vibrant, caring team
- A high level of verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Suite and the ability to learn further computer programs as required
- Experience in the development of strong working relationships with stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to work independently in planning, managing, and delivering services using proper time management and working within the budget
- Demonstrated ability to manage time effectively and carry tasks through to completion
- Demonstrate an understanding of continuous quality improvement systems
The successful candidate will have experience in community services and at minimum hold a Cert IV in mental health and/or community services and/or drugs and alcohol. You may also be a second-year university student studying social or health services and interested in gaining firsthand experience in residential rehabilitation.
- Previous experience working in a rehabilitation centre or other
- The ability to work effectively with people and promote positive attributes and work towards planning change
- Flexibility resilience and the ability to maintain best practise under challenging circumstances
- The ability to work effectively to achieve programme goals and objectives
- Current first aid certificate
- Having lived experience in recovery from AOD and/or mental health
- Ability to work nights and weekends
You will be required to have or attain a current First Aid certificate. You will need to be able to work with minimum direction, be self-motivated, flexible, team-spirited, open to ongoing training and able to identify strongly with Grow values. A current Driver’s License and own transport are essential.
HOW TO APPLY
A covering letter accompanying the resume should be included in your application.
You can contact Aaron Beatus, National Manager for Residential Programs, on 0499 907 983 if you have any questions regarding this position.
Applications close on 17.06.2023
Successful applicants will be notified.
Email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Read position description